Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Stepping Out

I think its fair to say that most people have a pretty clear idea of comfort zones and thus are able to recognize their own. The downfall of recognizing our individual comfort zones is that they aren't always accurate. Typically they are skewed one way or the other, better put, people like to think that their "zone" is pretty large and are willing to do or say quite a bit in most situations (this is me) or they undercut themselves and create an idea that they aren't willing to do much that involves going out of their way. The problem with both is that it leads to people not doing much at all because they either don't feel the need to or they feel they can't, I'm guilty of this, hence why I'm writing. Life is complicated and presents more opportunities than we can imagine to get out of  our comfort zones if we choose to. When I think about opportunities that I've passed up or ones that I'm passing up right now it's clear that I've missed out some things that could have been great. These opportunities can range from choosing to say yes to something that might scare you to death or doing something as simple as going on a date. If we don't step out of our comfort zones its inevitable that we will miss out on some pretty awesome things in life, and let's face it, we don't enjoy looking back with regret, so step out, enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment