Sunday, January 22, 2012

Hard Truth

Have you ever thought about how dishonest people are on a regular basis. When the truth is offensive, culture and society have the wonderful tendency to lie about the issue at hand rather than just be real with someone. What good does this do? Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely guilty of this but the reason I'm bringing it up is because I've realized how "acceptable" it is. I understand that we innately don't want to hurt someone we like or love (sometimes) but if there is an issue to be dealt with then it should be brought up, no matter the consequence. If someone has done something offensive or something that's blatantly wrong then they should know it. How can someone change when they see no reason for change. This is when people get ran over and then justify being ran over by saying "it's not worth it" or "it's really not a big deal." That's not okay, from my knowledge of human decency and respect, people shouldn't be "running" over anyone, for any reason. Speak up, even if the truth is offensive and you know the person may not want to hear it, you owe it to them and yourself. I think deep down everyone appreciates honesty and "hard" truth. Remember, if you lose a "friend" because you were honest with them, then maybe you should reconsider what a friend is.

No comments:

Post a Comment